Posted by Simon Baker
If your people are organised by function rather than along product lines then you are fostering a silo mentality, creating artificial barriers and introducing coordination overhead. Give responsibility for each product to a cross-functional team with full-time members, located together in one place, who possess all the skills required to deliver product frequently to your customer. If a committee makes business decisions for each product then you will see a lack of authoritative decision-making and a loss of direction and urgency, resulting in delays and rework. Empower a single person , collocated and available for discussion, to own the product, champion its vision, maintain a visible backlog of requested work items prioritised by value, and steer development by making business decisions quickly.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Licence
- Spark The Change - Innovation Governance
- Lean Day London 2014
- The Mechanics Of Meaning
- Engineering Design
- Debugging Grails Database Performance
- Grails for Hipsters
- Governance - Friend or Foe?
- The Energized Work lab is moving aboard ship
- Gus Power on the future of software development at The CW500 Club
- Agile On The Beach: Session: How Are We Doing?